Coronavirus Information & Resources
For the safety and health of our patients and staff, we have implemented many new guidelines, including:
Visitor Restrictions: We ask that you limit the number of people who accompany you to upcoming appointments. Here are our current guidelines to help keep everyone safe:
- Patients may only be accompanied by one caregiver, if a caregiver is necessary. Please ensure the person accompanying you is not showing symptoms of respiratory illness, such as a cough.
- Parents are asked not to bring children to parental appointments.
- When you bring your child to an appointment, we are requesting parents only bring the child who has an appointment. Please do not bring siblings to other sibling appointments, when possible.
Screenings: All ENT Clinic of Iowa patients and visitors are screened prior to scheduling an appointment and upon entry for appointment based on the following criteria:
- Fever in the last 5 days & lower respiratory symptoms (cough or shortness of breath)
- Direct exposure to a confirmed COVID-19 positive person in the last 14 days
- Been tested and are you awaiting test results
Staff undergoes screening daily.
Socially Distant Waiting Areas: Patients are required to keep 6 ft. of distance between others and seating is arranged as such. 6 ft. of distance between front desk staff and patients is maintained. Waiting areas will be closely monitored to ensure social distancing is observed. For standard appointments, patients should arrive no more than 10 minutes prior to your appointment time.
Zero Contact Patient Intake: Time spent in waiting areas is minimized by scheduling patient appointments to allow for patients to quickly be escorted into exam rooms. Pre-appointment check-in should be completed online to allow patients to complete necessary paperwork electronically prior to entering the clinic. If online check-in is not accessible, we utilize anti-microbial check-in pads that are cleaned thoroughly after each use.
Hand Sanitizer: Hand sanitizer is available throughout the clinic.
Cleaning and Disinfection Policy: All high touch areas will be cleaned and disinfected regularly. Exam rooms are thoroughly cleaned and disinfected after each patient. The clinic also undergoes nightly cleaning.
For the latest news and guidance on COVID19 please visit: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov